A group of independent pharmacies keens on improving the ease of buying medicines both online and offline.
About The Project
Eckerds is a group of four independent pharmacies in Florida that came together under one brand to give an exceptional customer experience. They wanted to design a mobile app for both Android and Apple users and Rao Information Technology came up with a hybrid app solution to speed up deployment time.
One of the key challenges in building the Eckerds app was to provide cross-location product availability and process prescriptions on efficiency levels at par with the large firms. This was achieved under a record timeframe with a lucid UI, multiple user roles, and seamless information sync for both online and offline orders.
Here’s the list of key features of our solution that helped Eckerds unify their operations and front end seamlessly:
- Patients can use the mobile app to request Speciality Compounding of Drugs by providing necessary information.
- Patients can choose the pharmacy outlet of their choice and they don’t need to manage the records separately for their purchases. They can go to the nearest Eckerds store to pick up their medical supplies as per their convenience.
- The patients can choose to receive notifications for the latest offers and updates on their Eckerds mobile app.
- The patients can ask for changes in their service preferences and this will be reflected instantly on the pharmacist end.
- Pharmacists can check the requests for all particular services received by their patients on a centralized dashboard.
- Pharmacists can manage a patient’s database from the admin panel. This data in the admin panel will also help them create customer profiles for marketing purposes.
- Requests like Refill Request or Transfer Prescription would be printed on Fax. The pickup location will be able to process orders accordingly.
- Facebook and Twitter Integrations are provided to help manage social interactions and community building.
We have developed their website on WordPress, mobile apps were developed using Ionic and Firebase was used to develop the web application for Eckerds. This makes Eckerds’ IT stack truly versatile while rendering high system stability.