T. N. Rao School’s WordPress Website Case Study
Pandemic last year brought so many unanticipated challenges in the way we work and live. Most global schools are forced to move online education as well as running routine work remotely. T. N. Rao school for girls was founded in 2011 with the mission to impart excellent academics and social values such as compassion. They also thrive on making their students emotionally secure and financially independent.
Management of the school connected us to design a website for their institution. They wanted their website to reflect all the values mentioned earlier. Moreover, they wanted a website easy to maintain, user-friendly and attractive.
To build a beautiful looking, custom WordPress website and implement all SEO and design best practices in a short span.
We studied many school’s websites and zeroed in on WordPress as the CMS to make the website fast, reliable, and easy to manage. We started by installing WordPress on the server. Then we selected a few appropriate themes, color palettes, and elements and discussed them with management. Once we received confirmation from them about the theme and color palette selection, we customized it for every web page. Next, we created a wireframe for the website. Later we added missing fields and removed the unnecessary ones. Finally, we filled in details and populated content.
- Look and Feel:We prepared suitable graphics to render for all types of devices to make the website responsive. Next placed animation. We uploaded a logo, favicon, and background image. We added contact details on the contact page. We customized enrollment forms. We adjusted hue, color contrast and applied filters in line with the theme color palette.
- Information Architecture:Other than the home page, we designed service pages, including the contact page/enrollment page, courses, fee structure, about page, and registration form. We also added a blog page, the latest news, and a brief introduction of the school team.
- Google Search Console Setup:We set up Google Search Console, Google Analytics and integrated them using plugins. Next, we rechecked that plugins were properly integrated with web properties. Finally, we imparted knowledge on how to effectively use these tools directly on the WordPress dashboard.
- Local SEO:We made provisions for local SEO, starting with adding T. N. Rao to Google My Business and Bing Places. We also added T. N. Rao’s website to local directories and optimized citation. In addition, we optimized internal linking, URLs, title tags, headers, and meta descriptions. Finally, we added T. N. Rao to Google Maps as well.
Once we carried out Alfa testing of the website, we involved T. N. Rao’s team for beta testing. Again, management feedback was very encouraging.
- Visibility:Despite being a completely new website, we were able to achieve pretty good visibility, and on some keywords, T. N. Rao’s website was ranking in local area search.
- Brand Projection:we received feedback from new entrants. They found T. N. Rao’s website does portray an impressive image of the school.
- Usability:Website loads within 3 seconds. It’s also responsive tested on all available devices. Navigation is also very easy and intuitive.
- Maintenance:We decided to make automatic backups. We used some paid plugins such as security. We enabled wordpress to be auto-updated. We also prepared a calendar for T. N. Rao’s team to carry out regular maintenance like removing spammy comments, keeping the site updated, updating the latest news/activities daily.