The market is flooding with numerous products, and it is difficult for the customers to know which products are genuine. In addition, there are many restrictions to advertising. These challenges restrict many brands from marketing their product. The customer psyche also says that most consumers trust mouth-to-mouth publicity from friends and family rather than paid advertisements from brands.
We will talk about how influencer marketing comes into play and helps brands market their products. Then, let’s explore in detail how to plan an excellent influencer marketing strategy for your brand.
What is an Influencer?
In the world of social media, influencers have a big impact on the audience. An influencer is anyone who can impact people and persuade them to buy a certain product. On social media, influencers have excellent hold and a lot of followers. There are different types of influencers like:
Nano-influencers (Micro-influencers)– They have less than ten thousand followers and a great pick when you want to target a niche but dedicated audience.
Power middle influencers – They have followers between 10,000-250,000. They may not have the stature of a celebrity, but they have a loyal audience who is most likely to trust their recommendations. They hold some experience in collaborating with brands and can market your products well.
Macro-influencers – They have more than 250,000 followers. It is safe to say that they are social media stars. They have a great influence on powerful platforms like YouTube and Instagram. They may have a celebrity reputation, but they aren’t as authentic and credible as power middle influencers.
What is Influencer Marketing?
Almost every one of us is aware of influencer marketing because we have seen celebrities endorse products and run ad campaigns before. However, influencer marketing takes a different turn as compared to traditional marketing. Influencers have an excellent impact on social media platforms like YouTube, Twitter, and Instagram, with many followers. There are several ways you can use influencer marketing:
– The influencers will charge you a certain amount to create sponsored posts surrounding your brand and products.
– Dispatch some products to the influencer for free to get a detailed review of your products.
– Offer the influencers detailed information and features of your products and have them post about your brand and products.
The advantage of influencer marketing is that customers are more likely to trust people they connect with. Instead of celebrities whose lives seem farfetched and dubious, customers connect better with normal people who have a normal life like themselves. It is important to choose the right kind of influencer because you eventually give them exclusive details about your brand and products. Brands need to make sure that they persuade the influencers to create authentic and genuine content rather than extravagant promotional posts.
Why is Influencer Marketing Important?
- Niche Targeting: The first most essential step for marketing is to establish your target audience. It might sound daunting at first, but thorough research will help you analyze the perfect audience for your products. Influencer marketing lightens this load off you because they handle everything. They will sort out the perfect audience for your brand and present a subtle persona of your brand.
- Increase Brand Awareness: With the help of their reach, influencers can increase your brand reach to a significant percentage. They have the potential to enhance brand exposure and promote your brand that attracts new consumers. Collaborating with influencers will help you cut penetrate through the chaos of social media. You can drive more followers to your brand by associating with influencers.
- Enhance Engagement: Boosting the number of followers on your brand’s account is not an overnight task. It requires a significant amount of time, and this is where influencer marketing steps in. Associating with a good influencer will not only amplify your content but also create quality content.
Influencers will create customer-centric content, which is more likely to gain momentum among the target audience. The content shared by influencers will also engage their audience, and there is a chance the audience may tag their friends and family, expanding its reach.
- Boost trust and credibility: Influencers spend a significant amount of time creating a niche audience. Their power lies in the trust of their audience as they build a loyal tribe or a fan community. When an influencer posts a review or persuades the audience to buy your product, the audience is aware of the authenticity of the content. Collaborating with an influencer enables brands to gain the credibility and trust of the influencer’s audience. Influencer marketing is an ideal tool that will amplify brand awareness, build a loyal community, and earn more revenue.
What Are the Types of Influencer Marketing?
- Contests and Giveaways – Contest can be a great way to engage with your audience. Depending on the budget of your brand, you can plan monthly giveaways to winners or influencers. Target your audience’s attention by creating unboxing videos on an influencer’s account and highlight your products at a minimum cost.
Contests are a great incentive for customers to stay connected with your brand. Numerous influencers get exclusive products and create content around unboxing, giving reviews or using the products on their platform. You can also increase your engagement by adding additional information for the audience to take part in the contest. Be sure to make the rules clear to avoid any confusion.
- Sponsored Content – The most popular marketing strategy is sponsored content. Brands often associate with influencers to endorse the brand’s products or services. The final content depends on the agreement between the influencer and brand. The final product can be an image, video, blog post displaying the brand’s services or products.
To present the products accurately, brands send certain guidelines and requirements to the influencers. The guidelines, however, should not restrict the influencer from exploring their creative freedom. Please leave it to the influencers to figure out the best way to engage and interact with their audience.
- Takeovers on Platforms: Brand takeovers mean the brand allows and gives the influencer complete access to the brand’s account for a certain period. This takeover can vary from a week to a month. Takeovers are an excellent way to engage and interact with the brand’s audience. Influencers can post behind the scene videos, stories to keep the audience hooked.
- Reviews: Brands can send influencers their products and ask them to review them on their social media accounts. Brands can also ask influencers to provide a link for the audience to buy the products if they pique their interest. The audience is likely to trust the review of the influencers because they know them for a long time. Thus, product reviews can prove to be a subtle and authentic way to gain some new followers and revenue for the brands.
Closing Thoughts: Influencer marketing is undoubtedly the most popular and successful marketing practice. Influencers have an authentic audience who trusts them and connects with them. Therefore, influencer marketing is an excellent tool to promote your brand and increase the credibility and trust of the customers. Customers are always looking to buy products from a reputable store, and who better to promote the credibility of your brand than influencers.
If you looking Influencer Marketing Services for your business, feel free to contact us now.